Wednesday, April 20, 2011

'He was immediately protective': Kate Hudson reveals the story of how she fell in love with Muse rocker Matt Bellamy

When Kate Hudson started dating Matt Bellamy last spring, it seemed to be an unlikely union.
Hudson is Hollywood royalty - her mother is Goldie Hawn - while Bellamy is rooted in the alternative music scene, and grew up in Devon with his grandmother.
The couple, both 32, have added to the intrigue by not revealing any details of how they came to fall in love, considering the very different circles they move in.
In love: Matt Bellamy and Kate Hudson are inseparable, pictured here enjoying the sunshine in Brazil last Monday
In love: Matt Bellamy and Kate Hudson are inseparable, pictured here enjoying the sunshine in Brazil last Monday
But now Hudson, who is expecting the Muse rocker's baby, has opened up about her love for the frontman.
She told InStyle: 'You always hear people say, "I never thought this would be the person I would end up with," but I don't think you ever really know.'
'I love that Matthew knows how to express himself. He shows his love. He communicates.'
And she finally reveals that they got together at the Coachella music festival in California, exactly a year ago - when Bellamy headlined the Saturday night with his juggernaut of a band.
Protective: Matt's Muse band mate Dominic Howard, who's also with the couple in South America, helps Kate out of her kayak
Protective:  Matt's Muse band mate Dominic Howard, who's also with the couple in South America, helps Kate out of her kayak
She, it is explained, had no idea who he was, though.
Hudson explained: 'I was watching Radiohead's Thom Yorke with a guy I knew from high school, who introduced me to Matthew.'
 

More...

  • Inside the plush new nursery Mariah Carey has created for her twins
  • Russell Brand shows off his real-life leading lady Katy Perry at Arthur premiere as they put on a passionate show for the cameras
'We realized we had met a few years earlier, in Australia. Then I got distracted and said, "I've got to find my friends; I don't know where they went." He just looked at me and said, "Come on, I'll take care of you." That's when I went, "Wait a minute, who are you?"'
Bellamy eventually asked Hudson for her number, and they started dating.
Expecting: Baby wasn't planned but Hudson says she and Bellamy were so 'in love' when it happened that they were overjoyed
Expecting: While their baby wasn't planned but Hudson says she and Bellamy were so 'in love' when it happened that they were overjoyed
Hudson explained what set Bellamy apart from other men: 'Matthew was polite and immediately protective, which for somebody like me who's all over the place - one minute I'm over here and the next I'm over there - is important.
She added: 'He is just an amazing person.'
'In the beginning I felt like, okay, this is going to be heavy. Am I prepared for this? Because it had been a while, and I wasn't looking for that,' Hudson continued.
'But I just couldn't stay away. I wanted to talk to him and be with him all the time. On our first dates we would take long walks and talk the entire day.'
Her pregnancy seemed to be the natural next step, after such a comfortable courtship - but it wasn't exactly planned.
She laughed and told the magazine: 'Well, it wasn't like we didn't know what we were doing. There were no ovulation kits involved. We were tempting fate, and it worked.'
Hudson, who has a 7-year-old son Ryder with ex-husband Chris Robinson, added: 'I didn't think I was going to have another kid until I was maybe 33, that was in the back of my mind before I met Matthew. But we were so in love when it happened, it was just so exciting for both of us.'

No comments:

Post a Comment