Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Looking THIS wacky doesn't come cheap! Lady Gaga admits she went bankrupt after spending millions on tour costumes

Lady Gaga has admitted she was left bankrupt after spending millions on crazy outfits for her Monster's Ball tour.
The 25-year-old singer said she was left £1.82million in debt after the production, which ran for 18 months and 200 shows.
However, Gaga - famed for her unique fashion sense, including the now infamous meat dress she wore to last year's MTV Video Music Awards - revealed she had no idea about the extent of her financial problems.
Bankrupt: The crazy outfits Lady Gaga wore on her Monster's Ball tour left her £1.82million in debt
Bankrupt: The crazy outfits Lady Gaga wore on her Monster's Ball tour left her £1.82million in debt

She said: 'Other than that I put everything in the show, and I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of the Monster Ball. And it was funny because I didn't know!
'And I remember I called everybody and said, "Why is everyone saying I have no money? This is ridiculous, I have five No. 1 singles" -- and they said, "Well, you're $3m in debt." '
It was the rejigging at the beginning of the tour, which eventually brought in £138million, that cost the most money.
Flying nun: One of the outfits Gaga wore was a see-through Perspex style nun outfit
Flying nun: One of the outfits Gaga wore was a see-through Perspex style nun outfit
Lady in red: But Gaga says she didn't know about her financial problems because money isn't that important to her
Lady in red: But Gaga says she didn't know about her financial problems because money isn't that important to her

But Gaga said the reason she didn't know about the bankruptcy was because money isn't that important to her.
In an interview with Stephen Fry in the Financial Times, Gaga said: 'It's honestly true that money means nothing to me.
'The only big things I've purchased are my dad's heart valve and a Rolls-Royce for my parents, for their anniversary.
Unique: Gaga is famed for her wacky outfits, like the meat dress she wore to last year's MTV Video Music Awards
Unique: Gaga is famed for her wacky outfits, like the meat dress she wore to last year's MTV Video Music Awards

'And that was only because my dad had a Lady Gaga license plate on our old car and it was making me crazy because he was getting followed everywhere, so I bought him a new car.'
Gaga has recently been working hard to promote her new album Born This Way, which rocketed to the top of the UK charts yesterday selling more copies than the rest of the Top 10 put together.
With more than 215,000 records sold in the first week, her gravity-defying second album was the biggest mover for an album so far this year, the Official Charts Company said.
Success: Lady Gaga is enjoying huge success with her new album Born This Way

She said: 'I feel so honoured to have the highest first week sales in the UK this year.
'I wrote the album's first single Born This Way in Manchester because I was so inspired by the confidence and bravery characteristic of my fans: Little Monsters.'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment